Certified Professional – Food Safety
CP-FS credential holders are most often employed in any retail food environment as a quality assurance or quality control manager, facility manager, food-safe chemical supplier, or in a more traditional food safety position such as a regulatory inspector/investigator.
CP-FS holders are able to:
- conduct facility plan reviews
- evaluate hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) plans or other risk-based food safety programs
- understand the causes and prevention of foodborne illnesses
- analyze and implement sanitation standard operating procedures for safety and effectiveness
CP-FS Credential Review Course
Preconference training held at the 2023 Annual Educational Conference & Exhibition
Saturday, July 29 and Sunday, July 30
$449 member/$549 non-member, bundle with registration: $929member/$1,029 non-member
This two-day refresher course is designed to enhance your preparation for the CP-FS credential exam. Participants are expected to have prior food safety knowledge and training equal to the eligibility requirements to sit for the CP-FS exam. The course will cover exam content areas as described on our website. The instructor will be available during and after the course for questions. The course includes the CP-FS Study Package (CP-FS manual and CP-FS flash cards).
There will be the opportunity to take the paper exam onsite at the AEC. Apply online to take the CP-FS exam. Please allow 6 weeks to process your application.
New Study Materials AvailableThe CP-FS Study Guide is now available as an e-book. The e-book can be purchased in the Google Play Store. To read the study guide on your device, you'll need to download the Google Play Books app.bookstore and checkout to receive a promo code via email that allows you to purchase the book via Google Play at the members-only price.
We offer over 195 flash cards to quiz you on the information presented in the CP-FS credential exam. We have updated our flash cards to include pictures to help jog your memory as you study. Electronic or printed flash cards are available for $24.99.CP-FS Credential Exam Content & Scores.
Individuals can follow one of two tracks to be eligible for the CP-FS credential exam:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- Associate degree
- Four years of experience
- Valid, unexpired Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) certificate, Food Safety Managers Certification Examination (FSMCE) certificate, SuperSafe Mark certificate, OR a ServSafe Food Protection Manager certificate
- High School Diploma
- Five years of experience
- A valid, unexpired Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) certificate, Food Safety Managers Certification Examination (FSMCE) certificate, SuperSafe Mark certificate, or a ServSafe Food Protection Manager certificate
- Member: $370.00
- Non-Member: $515.00
- CP-FS Eligibility & Application
- CP-FS Exam Details
- Credentialing Handbook | PDF